Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thing Three


For me, RSS is not really a useful tool for how I like to (or have to) use the Internet. My attention span is short enough that I don't spend lots of time on one topic - I get what I need and leave.

Having said that - it is definitely useful - especially those interested in new title alerts, monitoring a news event, looking for a job, waiting for new programming, or keeping up with a blog your really into. I do use RSS - but on an as needed basis.
I think in any web site design libraries have to consider promoting RSS as an option for keeping up on current library events and resources.

1 comment:

LibraryLady said...

I find that's sort of the beauty of RSS feeds -- when you go to check, they patiently wait for you! If you don't need to see them (in my case, I've already seen them at other places), they're disposable. It becomes a matter of taking or leaving them, but by our own choice!